Interested in Sponsorship Opportunities?
The caliber of The Assaults as one of the nation’s most beloved public cycling experiences provides incredible exposure opportunities for our sponsors and event partners. Together with our sponsors, The Freewheelers Cycling Association (FCA) invests more than $165,000 to ensure that The Assaults will be professional, safe and exciting for all.
Cyclist demographics 1,000 +/- cyclists participate in The Assaults each year. Thirty percent generally live within a 100-mile radius of Spartanburg, South Carolina. Seventy percent of the participants come from outside this radius and support the local economy through hotel, restaurant and retail patronage during their stay. The 2016 ride included cyclists from 32 different states and five different countries.
Marketing and promotion The Assaults’ 42nd Annual ride will be supported and promoted by the following marketing and promotional plans:
- A robust, mobile optimized website with an average of 312 daily visits and more than 62,000 total visits since it launched in October 2015
- Email marketing campaigns to past and present participants of The Assaults, including more than 20 e-mail campaigns sent to more than 2,000 participants.
- Integrated marketing to primary feeder cycling clubs across the United States
- Social media campaigns on Facebook and Instagram, with posts that reach and engage up to 7,000 people during peak posting periods.
- Press releases distributed locally, regionally and nationally, as well as editorial exposure through public/media relations
- Almost $20,000 worth of advertising through local newspapers
- Cross promotion with over 300 cycling clubs, retailers, and event partners in the Southeast by using flyers, social media, and e-mail blasts.
By serving as a Sponsor of The Assaults, you are not only making this best-of cycling event possible, but you are, in turn, ensuring The Freewheelers Cycling Association (FCA) can continue its mission of providing bicycle safety and education programming to cyclists in the communities we serve and through the spectrum of nonprofit organizations we support. All sponsorships are cash-based unless otherwise noted. The Freewheelers Cycling Association is a Spartanburg, South Carolina-based 501(c)(3). Contributions to nonprofit organizations, which fall under the provision of section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. tax code, are normally tax deductible. If you have any questions specific to sponsorship, please contact Ann Ellison at (864) 672-9768 or Ann@startflourishing.com.